Department: Service & Maintenance
Reports to: Service Engineer Manager
Location: Southwest including Bristol & Somerset
Working alone, or with other Engineers within the team, Service and Maintenance Engineers provide professional and dependable quality of service to customers by servicing and maintaining fire, CCTV, Access Control and Intruder alarm systems in a timely manner.
- Investigate and solving customers’ problems and carry out the relevant tests and checks
- Complete servicing and repairs on various security systems including Advanced,
- Gent, Apollo and Hochiki, Texecom, Galaxy, Menvier, Hikvision, Dahua, Avigilon, TDSi, Integra, Paxton,
- Attend reactive calls and breakdowns, and perform general maintenance work
- Trace and rectify faults
- Maintain, complete small repairs/installations to a variety of security systems
- Participate in an on-call rota (currently 1 in 8), expected to work overtime where necessary
- Significant experience as a multi-disciplined Fire & Security Engineer
- Experience of Gent, Advanced, Hochiki and other fire alarm systems
- Experience of networked access control systems such as TDSi, Gallagher, Paxton and audio & video entry systems
- Experience of intruder alarms and the relevant NSI codes of practice
- Strong IT skills and have an understanding of Networks and Network Connected Devices
- Experience of commissioning would be an advantage
- Full driving license required and willing to travel throughout UK including overnight stays where required
- Flexible attitude and approach including excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident, friendly and can conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Works well as part of a team but also confident working independently and can fault find on most systems
- Enhanced security check clearance
- H&S trained and basic awareness
We will consider applicants who show a good attitude to learn and improve themselves who may not meet all of the listed attributes and experience.
We will provide support and training in all areas of the job.
Package negotiable, subject to experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in complete confidence and only reviewed by our Senior Management Team.
Sovereign Fire & Security is an equal opportunity employer.