Working alone, or with other Engineers within the team, Multi-disciplined Engineers provide professional and dependable quality of service to customer/contractors by installing and maintaining fire, CCTV, Access Control and Intruder alarm systems in a timely manner. Initially the role will mainly involve installation works and further maintenance works where required.
• Installation of new Fire & Security systems to meet Company requirements
• Seeing Installation projects through to completion and reporting to Engineering Director
• Carry out servicing and repairs on various security systems including Advanced, Gent, Apollo and Hochiki, Texecom, Galaxy, Menvier, Hikvision, Dahua, Avigilon, TDSi, Integra, Paxton
• Complete the necessary paperwork and reports in a timely manner
• Attend reactive calls and breakdowns, and perform general maintenance work including tracing and rectification of faults
• Participate in an on-call rota, expected to work overtime where necessary
• Significant experience as a multi-disciplined Fire & Security Engineer
• Experience of Gent, Advanced, Hochiki and other fire alarm systems preferred
• Experience of networked access control systems such as TDSi, Gallagher, Paxton and audio & video entry systems preferred
• Experience of intruder alarms and the relevant NSI codes of practice
• Strong IT skills and have an understanding of Networks and Network Connected Devices
• Experience of commissioning would be an advantage
Skills & Qualities Required:
• Full driving license required and willing to travel throughout UK including overnight stays where required
• Flexible attitude and approach including excellent interpersonal skills
• Confident, friendly and can conduct themselves in a professional manner
• Works well as part of a team but also confident working independently and can fault find on most systems
• Enhanced security check clearance
• H&S trained
We will provide support and training in all areas of the job.
Package negotiable, subject to experience.
Direct applications encouraged.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in complete confidence and only reviewed by our Senior Management Team.
Sovereign Fire & Security is an equal opportunity employer.